I was going to make this the first completed work for my Octoberween-Palooza-Ganza but I am simply not that patient. I just had to share this one because it represents a breakthrough in my use of watercolors!
This started out as another one of my nose bleed marker drawings but I decided to use some watercolor paper and do some experimenting while I was at it. Once I finished the drawing and basic colors with the markers, I moved on to the watercolors, fully expecting everything to smear and bleed. To my surprise, no such thing happened. Instead, I was very pleased with how easy (and fast) it is to colorize large areas. The watercolors are also very effective at deemphasizing some areas while making others pop more. All in all, I’m very excited with this new technique! Woot!