blot faces 1 of 3


     This was among the first three wet/dry sandwich paintings I did.  I call them my “blot faces” because that what I did after I laid the dry side on top of the wet.  I took a crumpled paper towel and blotted the back side, applying pressure here and there and everywhere to transfer the paint.  I used the least amount of pressure and blotting on this one and, while the face didn’t transfer very clearly onto the wet side, I really love how the dry side turned out.  That mud spattered, bloody look really sells it for me!

     Well, I hope my OPG efforts have been worth your time so far.  As always, thanks for taking an interest.

One thought on “blot faces 1 of 3

Leave a Reply (Name required, Email and Website optional):